Habilitation and Training Services, Inc.

Rainbow Early Intervention

Visit the HATS Facebook page by clicking here!

Thank You To The Following Organizations For Their Donations:

Fundraiser-Gold Sponsors:

Docs Glass Service

Sumner Bank & Trust

Fundraiser-Bronze Sponsors:

Absolute Flooring

Campbell & Associates

Kimbro Air

Tennessee Ace Hardware

Music City Aircraft Sales

United Way of Sumner County

United Way of Robertson County

City of Hendersonville


Mission Discovery

Long Hollow Baptist Church

The Moore Family Luncheon

Boy Scout, Nathaniel Moss

Hendersonville Boy Scout Troop 413

STR in Hendersonville

Faith In Action Volunteers (Springfield 1st United Methodist Church)

Trans-Partners, LLC

Freedom Church

Keller Williams Realty (Hendersonville & White House offices)

Kimbro Air

Byrum Repair LLC

Catfish House

Cunningham Motors

Dean Oil

Larry's Restaurant

Robertson County Funeral Home

Morningside Assisted Living

The Depot Restaurant, Shoney's

Austin and Bell Funeral Home

Rod's Tires, 21st Century

Whitt's BBQ

Baldwin's BBQ

Andrea Ball from Play Ball Therapy

Delight Products

City of Portland

Comcast Days of Caring

News & Info.

H.A.T.S., Inc. is looking for new Board members who reside in Robertson, Sumner and Trousdale County. If interested, please contact Everton Campbell, Board Chairperson at: 615-451-0150

Answers to Commonly Asked Questions

  1. Who do I contact for services?
    Request for services should be made directly to the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD). The agency is not involved in the initial determination of eligibility for services, but may be the first point of contact for people seeking to apply for services. The agency will refer the person to the appropriate DIDD personnel so that prescreening and eligibility determination processes can be initiated.
  2. Is there a waiting list?
    There is a waiting list kept by DIDD and it is divided into three status categories:
    • Critical- Persons that need services immediately
    • Active- Persons that want services within two (2) years, and
    • Reserve- Persons that are waiting for a service but want that service to begin from the time the request is made.
  3. What are the Eligibility Requirements?
    • There must be documentation or evidence of a diagnosis of Intellectual Disability with an overall Intelligence Quotient (IQ) score of seventy (70) or below.
    • The onset of the intellectual disability must have occurred prior to the age of eighteen (18).
    • Must be at least 21 years of age; and be enrolled in the Medicaid Waiver Program. Private pay, however, is an option.
    • Must reside in Sumner, Trousdale or Robertson County or be willing to relocate to one of the said counties.
  4. How do I apply for a position with H.A.T.S., Inc. and do I need any special training or qualifications?
    Applying for a position with H.A.T.S. can be done by completing an online application or you may come by the main office during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.) and apply. Each position has different qualifications; however, most direct care positions require a high school diploma or equivalent, be at least 21 years old, have a valid TN driver's license and must be able to pass a background check. Any continued training needed for the position, such as CPR/First Aid, Medication Administration, DSP Professionalism, can be completed after being hired.
  5. What is the procedure when there is an allegation of an Individual served being abused or neglected?
    When allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of a service recipient surfaces, H.A.T.S., Inc. places the alleged perpetrator on administrative leave. The allegation is then reported to the TN Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (1-888-633-1313). An investigator from that office is assigned to investigate the allegation.
  6. Is the Family Support program income based?
    No, but the person has to be receiving a disability check.
  7. Will Family Support interfere with my disability check?
    Because this is a social service program, it will not interfere with disability checks.
  8. How do I receive Family Support services?
    Applications are available on our website under the Family Support tab. You can also visit: www.tnfamilysupport.org for more information. Please mail or bring your completed intake form to: Family Support Office, H.A.T.S., Inc., 545 Airport Road, Gallatin, TN 37066. You may also fax your completed form to 615-451-0774.
  9. How long will I have to be on a waiting list?
    It depends on if it is a child, the type of need and the County funding available and the amount of people already on the waiting list.
  10. How do I donate to H.A.T.S., Inc?
    Donations may be made by check and mailed to our main office at: H.A.T.S., Inc., PO Box 1856, Gallatin, TN 37066. Donations can also be made through United Way, by supporting us through our fundraising efforts or by donating through our website.
  11. How do I donate items to H.A.T.S., Inc.?
    Call our main office at 615-451-0974 to arrange delivery or pickup. We are always in need of the following items: lift chairs, walkers, wheelchairs, art and craft supplies, adult briefs and cleaning supplies.

H.A.T.S., Inc. is funded by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Tennessee Department of Human Services, Tennessee Early Intervention System, United Way, Local Governments, Corporate and Private Funding. H.A.T.S., Inc. is a recipient of federal funding; therefore, complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
United Way of Sumner County From the Heart of Tennessee Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Gallatin Chamber of Commerce Robertson County-Springfield Chamber of Commerce Tennessee Early Intervention System Portland Chamber of Commerce White House Chamber of Commerce
Website Usage Statements: Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Policy
Website designed and maintained by ESM